Saturday, October 4, 2014

Orchids!

This post is for my mom and all the other flower-lovers out there.

Our first stop in Fiji, once Josh picked up our rental car, was the Garden of the Sleeping Giant. This garden takes its name from the shape of the mountain where it is located, which some say looks like a sleeping giant. Surprise! It wasn't the name that got my attention, but rather the plethora of orchids it promised.

Allegedly home to thousands of species of orchids, I took it upon myself to attempt to photograph each variety.... a few more than once. Below is a sampling of what I deemed the prettiest, weirdest and most photogenic of those in bloom:

And, yes, even when I am traveling my need to organize things by color still persists. What can I say!? I'm just special like that.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment